Gardens Illustrated Terms And Conditions
This page (together with the documents referred to on it) tells you the terms and conditions on which we supply any of the products (the “Products”) listed on our website shop.gardensillustrated.com (“our site”) to you. Please read these terms and conditions carefully and make sure that you understand them, before ordering any Products from our site. You should understand that by ordering any of our Products, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
You should print a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference.
Please understand that if you refuse to accept these terms and conditions, you will not be able to order any Products from our site.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
1. We operate the website shop.gardensillustrated.com. We are Immediate Media Company London Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 06189487 and with our registered office and main trading address at Vineyard House, 44 Brook Green, London W6 7BT. Our VAT number is GB 870 0066 51.
2. Our site is only intended for use by people resident in the UK and Channel Islands. We do not accept orders from addresses outside the UK and Channel Islands.
3. By placing an order through our site, you warrant that:
(a) you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts;
(b) you are at least 18 years old;
(c) you are resident in the UK and/or Channel Islands; and
(d) you are accessing our site from the UK and/or Channel Islands.
HOW THE CONTRACT IS FORMED BETWEEN YOU AND US
4. After placing an order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order. Please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy a Product. All orders are subject to acceptance by us, and we will confirm such acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail that confirms that the Product has been dispatched (“Dispatch Confirmation”). The contract between us (“Contract”) will only be formed when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation.
5. The Contract will relate only to those Products whose dispatch we have confirmed in the Dispatch Confirmation. We will not be obliged to supply any other Products which may have been part of your order until the dispatch of such Products has been confirmed in a separate Dispatch Confirmation.
6. If you are contracting as a consumer, you may cancel a Contract at any time up to the fourteenth day after you received the Products. In this case, you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the Products in accordance with our refunds policy (set out in clauses 18 and 19 below).
7. To cancel a Contract, you must either write to us at [Gardens Illustrated Customer Services, Gardens Illustrated Shop,PO BOX 4445,Colchester,CO2 8GD], or complete our cancellation form contained in the Dispatch Confirmation and also available here. You must also return the Products to us within fourteen days of notifying us that you wish to cancel your Contract, and at your own cost. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the Products while they are in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation, we may have a right of action against you for compensation.
8. Details of your statutory right of cancellation, and an explanation of how to exercise it, are provided in the Dispatch Confirmation.This provision does not affect your other statutory rights as a consumer.
AVAILABILITY AND DELIVERY
9. Your order will be fulfilled by the delivery date set out in the Dispatch Confirmation or, if no delivery date is specified, then within 30 days of the date of the Dispatch Confirmation, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
RISK AND TITLE
10. The Products will be your responsibility from the time of delivery.
11. Ownership of the Products will only pass to you when we receive full payment of all sums due in respect of the Products, including delivery charges.
PRICE AND PAYMENT
12. The price of the Products and our delivery charges will be as quoted on our site from time to time, except in cases of obvious error.
13. Product prices include VAT. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date of your order and the date of delivery, we will adjust the VAT you pay, unless you have already paid for the Products in full before the change in VAT takes effect.
14. Product prices and delivery charges are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you a Dispatch Confirmation.
15. Our site contains a large number of Products and it is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the Products listed on our site may be incorrectly priced. We will normally verify prices as part of our dispatch procedures so that, where a Product's correct price is less than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount when dispatching the Product to you. If a Product’s correct price is higher than the price stated on our site, we will normally, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before dispatching the Product, or reject your order and notify you that we are rejecting it.
16. If the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably recognised by you as an error, we do not have to provide the Products to you at the incorrect (lower) price.
17. Payment for all Products must be by credit or debit card. We accept payment with Visa, MasterCard, Visa Delta, Visa Electron and Switch/Maestro. We will not charge your credit or debit card until we dispatch your order.
OUR REFUNDS POLICY
18. If you return a Product to us:
(a) because you have cancelled the Contract between us within the fourteen-day cooling-off period (see clause 6 above), we will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of the day on which you gave us notice of cancellation. In this case, we will refund the price of the Product in full, and any applicable delivery charges. However, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the item to us and refund will be processed once product arrives back.
(b) for any other reason (for instance, because you have notified us in accordance with clause 38 that you do not agree to a change in these terms and conditions or in any of our policies, or because you consider that the Product is defective), we will examine the returned Product and will notify you of your refund via e-mail within a reasonable period of time. We will usually process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of the day we confirmed to you via e-mail that you were entitled to a refund. We will refund the price of a defective Product in full, any applicable delivery charges and any reasonable costs you incur in returning the item to us.
19. We will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase.
20. We warrant to you that any Product purchased from us through our site will, on delivery conform in all material respects with its description, be of satisfactory quality, and be reasonably fit for all the purposes for which products of that kind are commonly supplied.
21. Subject to clauses 22 and 23, if we fail to comply with these terms and conditions, we shall only be liable to you for the purchase price of the Products and any losses that you suffer as a result of our failure to comply (whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise) which are a foreseeable consequence of such failure.
22. Subject to clause 23, we will not be liable for losses that result from our failure to comply with these terms and conditions that fall into the following categories even if such losses result from our deliberate breach:
(a) loss of income or revenue;
(b) loss of business;
(c) loss of profits;
(d) loss of anticipated savings;
(e) loss of data; or
(f) waste of management or office time.
However, this clause 22 will not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your physical property that are foreseeable or any other claims for direct loss that are not excluded by categories (a) to (f) inclusive of this clause 22.
23. Nothing in this agreement excludes or limits our liability for:
(a) death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
(b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
(c) any breach of the obligations implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982;
(d) defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or
(e) any other matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
24. Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using our site, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
25. All notices given by you to us must be given to Immediate Media Company London Limited at Vineyard House, 44 Brook Green, London W6 7BT. We may give notice to you at either the e-mail or postal address you provide to us when placing an order, or in any of the ways specified in clause 24 above. Notice will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on our website, 24 hours after an e-mail is sent, or three days after the date of posting of any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an e-mail, that such e-mail was sent to the specified e-mail address of the addressee.
TRANSFER OF RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
26. The contract between you and us is binding on you and us and on our respective successors and assignees.
27. You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent.
28. We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of our rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of the Contract.
EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL
29. We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (“Force Majeure Event”).
30. A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
(a) strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action;
(b) civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war;
(c) fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster;
(d) impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport;
(e) impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks;
(f) the acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government; and
(g) pandemic or epidemic.
31. Our performance under any Contract is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the Contract may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
32. If we fail, at any time during the term of a Contract, to insist upon strict performance of any of your obligations under the Contract or any of these terms and conditions, or if we fail to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which we are entitled under the Contract, this will not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and will not relieve you from compliance with such obligations.
33. A waiver by us of any default will not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default.
34. No waiver by us of any of these terms and conditions will be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you in writing in accordance with clause 25 above.
35. If any court or competent authority decides that any of the provisions of these terms and Conditions or any provisions of a Contract are invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, the term will, to that extent only, be severed from the remaining terms, which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
36. We intend to rely upon these terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them in relation to the subject matter of any Contract. While we accept responsibility for statements and representations made by our duly authorised agents, please make sure you ask for any variations from these terms and conditions to be confirmed in writing.
OUR RIGHT TO VARY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
37. We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time.
38. You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in force at the time that you order products from us, unless any change to those policies or these terms and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these terms and conditions before we send you the Dispatch Confirmation (in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the terms and conditions, unless you notify us to the contrary within seven working days of receipt by you of the Products).
LAW AND JURISDICTION
39. Contracts for the purchase of Products through our site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by English law. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with such Contracts or their formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
40. A person who is not party to these terms and conditions or a Contract shall not have any rights under or in connection with them under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.